Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ho'oponopono - How to Change Your Life By Trisha Sveistrup

Expert Author Trisha Sveistrup
I was talking to my brother about Ho'oponopono a couple of weeks ago. He said that he liked the idea a lot but didn't really know how it was supposed to work...saying "I Love You. I'm Sorry. Please Forgive Me. Thank You."
Here's my experience with it.
Throughout the day when things come up for me, like my toddler pushing her friends or my house looking like a tornado hit it, I say to myself, "I love you." I say it over and over again thinking about the situation that is bothering me.
One day I noticed that everything an acquaintance of mine was saying was irritating me. Fortunately, I knew that it was me and not her. After venting my feelings to another friend I decided to take action!
From that moment forward whenever I thought about or ran into my 'irritating' friend I repeated to myself "I Love You" over and over again. (I didn't even use the other phrases in this instance.)
Then one day, about 2 weeks later, I ran into her and I noticed she no longer irritated me. We had a nice conversation and I left feeling happy and warm towards her.
I mentioned it to my friend that I vented to in the beginning and said that I was totally free of any negativity towards my (no longer) 'irritating' friend. She asked me if I was sure didn't have any negative feelings and asked if I was just tolerating her.
I had no negative feelings around her or anything she had to say. I was tolerating her or talking down to her in my mind. I simply enjoyed her. Completely.
Life is a mirror and what was irritating me had nothing to do with my friend and everything to do with what was going on inside of me. Luckily, I recognized that and worked on myself. If I would have thought it was her, I may have ended or restricted our friendship.
This is a great example of how Ho'oponopono works and what I love about this method is that I don't have know what exactly is bothering me. I just hold the thing (person in this case) in my mind and repeat the phrases.
Who do we say the phrases to? We need to just say them to the Divine (the Universe or whatever you call the Superbeing. The Divine is all knowing and all forgiving and the Divine does not need to hear this words -we need to say them.
What are we apologizing for? The way I understand it, we are saying sorry for our mis perceptions. Reality is rarely the way we perceive it because we view everything through our filters. We are asking to be forgiven, not because God needs to be asked, but because we need to ask.
Lastly, we say, "Thank You," for the experience, opportunity to grow and change our perception.
This is a life changing process.
As Joe Vitale says, "Everyone just wants love."
I love you. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you.
It will change your life.
Have you ever...
* doubted yourself in a moment of uncertainty?
* tugged at your clothes, feeling too fat?
* wanted to do something, but was too scared to take the first step?

Trisha talks to women, young adults, and children about what self-esteem is and how to build positive self-esteem. By using stories that all women can relate to, Trisha brings real life solutions to help women live out their passions and desires.
Find out more at http://www.TrishaSveistrup.com today!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Trisha_Sveistrup

No comments:

Post a Comment