Monday, November 14, 2011

Ho'Oponopono and Forgiveness by Mabel Katz

Expert Author Mabel Katz
The only way of setting ourselves free is through forgiveness. Forgiveness, besides many other things, opens the doors to prosperity.
Forgiving lets us close a door so that a better and bigger one can open. It's the possibility of a new start. It's like going back to zero and when we are at zero, everything is possible. At zero, we are children again, open, flexible and curious. Without resentment, worries or expectations.
In her song Waka Waka, Shakira says: "We need to start from zero to touch the sky."
If you are awake, if you know who you really are, you will have no problem in forgiving yourself and others. It's easier than you think. You do not need to learn it because we were born knowing how to do it, it's something natural within us.
Something that has helped me a lot personally, was realizing that, when I don't forgive the person I think doesn't deserve it, in fact, I'm hurting myself and not the other person. Then a moment comes when we must love ourselves enough to not hurt us anymore.
You will notice that in almost all ancient philosophies, forgiveness is always present as one of the keys to reach that peace and happiness we long for.
In Ho'oponopono, the ancient Hawaiian technique of problem solving that I practice and I teach for more than 12 years, you don't need to tell the other person that you are forgive him/her. Instead, you work with the memories (programs) that exist within you, with the thoughts you have of the other person and/or that particular situation. Forgiveness in Ho'oponopono is an inner work because there is nobody outside of us. What we see outside of us are only our thoughts of the people or situations around us.
There is nobody out there doing anything to us. Everything is our memories, our programs and only we can erase them. Every time those situations appear, I say to them (I mentally say to myself): "I'm sorry, please forgive me for whatever is in me that has created this." I accept 100% responsibility so I can set myself free and come back to zero.
It's a simple and tremendously effective inner work because what gets erased from us. gets erased from others and especially from our family, relatives and ancestors. 90% of our problems come from our ancestors.
Nothing that is happening now has to do with what is happening in this moment. Everything is about memories. People in your life come to give you one more chance to forgive yourself in your heart and set yourself free.
Of course, the most important thing is to forgive ourselves. In Ho'oponopono, we never know what memories we are working with. Through this work, we give permission to a part of us that knows perfectly what we are ready to let go and erase moment by moment. We all have limiting thoughts such as: "I don't deserve it", "I don't have enough education," "I was born poor, I'm going to die poor," that we are not even aware of at a conscious level but are obstacles we ourselves put in our way. Although they are at a subconscious level, they control us and make decisions for us all the time.
Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional. A problem is a problem only if you say it is. In fact, the problem, it is not the problem. The real problem is how you react to the situation. All the situations in our live are a blessing, even if they don't look like. Say thank you to all of them. Show them the other cheek, the cheek of love, and set yourself free.
You'll find more about practicing Ho'oponopono to improve your life at http://www.hooponoponoway.com Be sure to leave a comment on the blog.
And while you're there, you'll want to sign up for my newsletter. You'll get the "money" chapter from my book, "The Easiest Way," too.
Mabel Katz,
Empowering you to live the life of your dreams with Ho'oponopono
http://www.mabelkatz.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mabel_Katz

No comments:

Post a Comment