Sunday, November 13, 2011

Could Ho'oponopono Make Diets and Dieting Easier? by Mabel Katz

Expert Author Mabel Katz
Do you have bad feelings and worries when you hear the word "diet"? Do you focus on the pain of not eating everything you would like? But what could be more painful than feeling overweight, helpless, and uncomfortable?
What stories do we tell ourselves to keep happiness and well-being away? Talk about being our own worst enemy! Our bad feelings about ourselves affect our reality. You see, the subconscious mind does whatever it takes to be right, so it keeps attracting situations to show us we are not good enough or don't deserve things. So, can you imagine what we attract and manifest in these conditions!
In Ho'oponopono, we call these replays memories, and they are immensely powerful. We think we are free, but these thoughts and programs constantly control us. They are always playing in the background. We need to WAKE UP and make better choices. Awareness is curative and it is the first and most important step towards our goals. We have a choice!
Yes, it takes effort to stay on a diet. You see the people around you thinking about food all the time. We get together to eat. What are we going to eat, and where? All the food around you, every place you go. Well, people in your life actually are a gift, they are giving you the opportunity to see what you need to change to grow up and take charge.
So how does this work? Essentially, we must become aware and "let go" of these memories. This is impossible if we try to do it in our minds because we are only aware of a small percentage of the thoughts that constantly play in our heads. The best way to "let go" is to take 100% responsibility for the reality we create for ourselves. I use Ho'oponopono tools to constantly "clean" these memories and thoughts, both conscious and unconscious. One very good tool is to say, "Thank you" and "I love you" to these memories and thus release them. What we resist persists.
But, the process can be much easier if we work with our subconscious mind (our inner child), because this part of us is our subconscious mind and is the part of us that holds these memories. Therefore, is the inner child, or Unihipili as they call it in Hawaiian, the part that manifests our reality. It is crucial to develop a strong loving relationship of trust with our inner child in order to change our reality. Our inner child can make this journey much easier. Remember this is the part of you that suffers, it is not you. This is the part of us that is hungry or thinks it cannot survive unless it has some vanilla ice cream!
Once we start "letting go" of these replaying memories and start seeing the results, we choose better. It's like a chain reaction. When we do it, we feel so good and proud of ourselves that we move forward with other things on the back burner. We keep feeling better and better, and suddenly we are UNSTOPPABLE.
So, how badly do you want it? Are you willing to do what it takes? It does take hard work to get where we want, but we can choose to practice Ho'oponopono (letting go) and actually enjoy the trip! You can find The Easiest Way.
Changing our weight or our appearance will not help. This is "out there." It is the memories and the programs, the things we decided to believe we need and if you don't change those, even if you lose the weight, the happiness might be temporary even if you get the change you wanted and look physically the way you think you should... Notice other people in your situation do not feel bad, it is your perception and your decisions. Realize you need to work on those programs!
I have to share with you something that happened to me on my last trip to Japan. This was very important for me. We were in Okinawa, and I asked for room service. I ordered chicken and I noticed that it came with rice, so I told them to replace the rice with vegetables. They said "ok", but when they brought me the dinner to my room, I noticed there was no rice, but they replaced it with french fries!
I love french fries, and I would say they are one of my weaknesses. In the past, I could have never said NO to French fries. No way, if I used to eat everyone's left over french fries before.
Well, let me tell you, I put one in my mouth, I got the opportunity to even taste it, but I took it out of my mouth and ran with the plate to the bathroom. I threw them away. Yes, I threw them away! I couldn't believe it myself. Also, because I had a great excuse, there wasn't enough food left over on that plate to satisfy my hunger.
In my experience, the only way I could get to do that is when I got to the point that I say enough is enough. You make a commitment with yourself that you are going to do whatever it takes to take good care of yourself, that you are not going to hurt yourself anymore. You have to love yourself enough to have the strength and do it.
Now, let me tell you, I couldn't do it without the help of my inner child. See, as I was taking the French fry out of my mouth I was reassuring my inner child: We can do it. It is going to be ok. We are going to be fine.
Many time memories of cannibalism, starvation, not enough food, maybe we have memories of times when we never knew when our next meal was going to take place, if ever...Nothing of what is happening now has to do with what it is actually happening right now and working with this part of you that holds all those memories is essential.
You'll find more about practicing Ho'oponopono to improve your life at http://hooponoponoway.com Be sure to leave a comment on the blog.
And while you're there, you'll want to sign up for my newsletter. You'll get the "money" chapter from my book, "The Easiest Way," too.
Mabel Katz, Empowering you to live the life of your dreams with Ho'oponopono
http://mabelkatz.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mabel_Katz

No comments:

Post a Comment